PILOT FLOOR COVERINGS
An area rug is like having your cake and eating it too. Meaning, you can enjoy the beauty of having beautiful hardwood floors with the comfort and visual accent of carpeting. It’s a win - win flooring option but with so many fantastic options to choose from in terms of style, size, material, color and more; the possibilities are endless!
An area rug can be what you want it to be - it can be the starting point for decorating a space, serve as a focal point, function as floor art, or lend an exquisite finishing touch to a room. The rug can function to hide minor imperfections on the floor below, accent or dress up lovely hardwood, or add warmth to a chilly tile floor. Whatever you are looking for, there is an area rug with your name on it.
Area Rug Inspiration
Check out our gallery of room designs and get inspired to use area rugs in your own space.
Rug pads are an important tool to protect and cushion your area rugs and keep them in good condition longer.
Depending on where they're used, rugs may put up with a lot of wear and tear. Learn proper maintenance here.
16 people in a harmony of craft; 32 hands touching every carpet and rug; 1 dedicated team: Working together, to help you live beautifully.
Advantages of Area Rugs
- Easy to Move - Area rugs can be rolled up, stored, and can even move homes with you. If you are renting a home, an area rug is a great way to personalize the space without investing lots of money or making permanent changes to the space.
- Versatility - Area rugs can be subtle or bold, soft and delicate or thick and plush. Rugs come in a myriad of materials such as wool, silk, cotton, natural fibers and many synthetic options. There as so many factors to play around with and have fun with - the style, texture, size, placement, color, pattern and more.
- The Right Price – Area rugs come in a range of prices – from expensive for budget friendly. It’s very possible to find the perfect area rug for your space that won’t break the bank!
- Easy Maintenance - Cleaning an area rug can be as simple as washing and drying, although some types require more specialized cleaning methods. In general, it is significantly less expensive to clean an area rug than a broadloom carpet.
- Installation - There is none! What could be easier? Just place it on the floor, unroll and you are done.
- Not Permanent - If you are not ready to commit to a permanent look or simply prefer to have the option to frequently swap in different styles when your mood or taste changes, then an area rug is the way to go.